11/06/09

Getting ready for Christmas...

I LOVE Christmas! I love the colors, the lights, the decorations. This is MY holiday, so much like Halloween is Barb's! :) First off though, I LOVE the reason for this season...the celebration of the birth of Jesus! What a great time of the year to remind us all what is really important.

Another of my favorite Christmas time activities is to send Christmas cards or pictures to friends and loved ones to let them know that we are thinking of them. Getting something handmade in the mail is so much fun!

Here are 2 of many, of my handmade cards to send this year!

The glitter strip is actually a piece of Wonder tape! I just cut it to fit, took the red backing off and sprinkled with glitter! SO much easier than glue!

Here is another one with the same layout....just a different background.


Super simple and fun cards for this time of year! Hope all is well! Have a great day!

Supplies:
Card #1
Stamps: TAC's Ornamental Snowflakes, Retired Faith Love and Joy (Sentiment)
Ink: Noir, Moonlight White Brilliance
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, TAC Scarlet
Misc: Black button, Sheer Ribbon, Wire, Wonder Tape, Red glitter and pop dots
Card #2
Stamps: TAC's Sketched Scrolls, Retired Faith Love and Joy (Sentiment)
Ink: Platinum Planet Brilliance, Noir
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, Burgandy Bazzill, White TAC Ultrasmooth
Misc: Ribbon, Pearls, Apron Lace Fiskars Border Punch

6 comments:

  1. VERY pretty! Love the colors... and who can resist glitter, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both! I always forget to use my sticky tape. I'm going to have to pull it out! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost as lovely as you! like you-i love Christmas! I don't get into Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards! Some how I also got to view but couldn't post to your Savvy Designer set. Let me tell you that here you could see even better how wonderful they were!

    COngrats. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love these! They are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them - diggin the glitter strip!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS