12/03/11

Sending Christmas Cheer


In with a quick one today!  We finally got our tree put up tonight, which is WAY later than usual!  I love Christmas and usually have my tree up before Thanksgiving!  I know!  I am crazy but I love the feel of the holidays!  And this way we just get to enjoy it longer!   My kids were so happy tonight and we had so much fun baking cookies and talking about all the ornaments!  The holidays take on a different light through the eyes of children!  The most important part for me is teaching them the real reason for the season.. Jesus' birth!  I love Santa and all that fun stuff but teaching them the true meaning is so important!  It really does get overlooked with all that goes on anymore!  If you have any Christmas time traditions, you must share!  

Ok, so here is my card for today...

IMG_3405_edited-1

This was actually a card I turned in for WCMD.  I added some of my new favorite patterned paper and then some extra layers and a certain impression plate that you may or may not have seen me use from time to time!  ;)  This stamped image is from PTI's Holiday Photo Finishers. I stamped it with Jumbo Java and then punched it out with a circle punch.  I added some twine and some bling to finish!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope you have a great weekend!  I am going to be getting ready for our Christmas Home Tour.  We are going to have LOTS of amazing appetizers and soups and desserts and a hot chocolate bar!  WOW...it's gonna be good!  Not to mention 5 decorated homes to tour!  

Ok, have a great Saturday!  :)

19 comments:

  1. His is beautiful! I love the red card embossed. That's one of my fave papers (holly) this season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning - you always make your embossing so crisp - looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Saturday Laurie! Your card is beautiful. I love the papers..and the touch of sweet little gems.

    So wonderful to hear about your children. I love seeing the spirit of Christmas in their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. I totally love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hitting my weak spot with that colour combo and impression plate, girlie ;D
    We're breaking with tradition this year and I'm going to be celebrating Christmas with my guy. We're seeing his folks on Christmas and my folks on Boxing Day (also my mum's birthday). It's gonna be kinda weird not being with my family on the day but on the plus side my guy and I get two scrummy dinners in two days ;D
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How on earth did this card not win?! You got me with the twine and that patterned paper, Laurie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love this!!
    That paper...
    I'm in love!
    And I can maybe recall seeing that IP before...
    but let me think about it...
    giggle!
    You use it so incredibly you should get commissions on it ;)
    A simply gorgeous card...
    as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love the layers and the little details like the pearls and twine. The impression plate is just the right touch! I love that thing too, it seems like it finds itself on most of my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You never cease to amaze me with your talent and gorgeous cards! This one is no exception :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this card Laurie, it's gorgeous. The LO is fab and I just love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, beautiful card. I love it and coloursso much Laurie. Do you use a Cuttlebug for your embossing and die cutting? Our house is decorated and the tree is going up tomorrow. My two rugrats are now 14 and 16 but we still decorate our tree with Christmas carols and cookies and the last ornaments to go on the tree are one they have made for us over the years. I wish i could come to the home tour with you--how exciting to see houses decorated for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great card. Your Christmas sounds wonderful and traditional. We do what all good Jews do on Christmas--see a movie, go out for Chinese food, and wait for the sales to start the next day! We also have our own tradition, which is to go to a really nice restaurant on Christmas Eve. Our daughters are very into fine dining (12 & 14), so they get dressed up and we all go together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! It is great to teach the real meaning of Christmas and not let it get overshadowed by the material things. The hubby and I are putting up our tree today. We are a little late as well. It seems that the holidays are flying by this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laurie this is BEAUTIFUL!!! Must be in the air.. we are BEHIND this year too.. getting it done today!!
    Happy Holidays!! Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just gorgeous Laurie...love the vintage holly panel :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are not crazy :) I'm the eXACT same way! LOVE the holidays - I'd have a tree up all year round if it was acceptable :)
    This is fabulous Laurie! Perfect Christmas card!

    Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. who makes that paper? I love it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS