12/07/13

1st birthday...

It's time for another weekly Retro Sketch Challenge.  Today's sketch is very versatile.  I turned it into a super CAS 1 year old birthday card.  Wanna see?  Here it is...

IMG_0720

Since I am on the whole stacked die kick....you can see  herehere, here and here....I realized these were all in white....so I thought I would shake it up a bit and use some color.

Side note...Have you seen the new Simon Says card stock?  It's gorgeous!  It's 100lb paper so its nice and thick.  (Click HERE to see all the new card stock and inks.)

Using the SSS card stock, I grabbed 2 circle dies and cut Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple all in a stack.  Then I added a "1" from a pack of white Thickers.  

IMG_0721

Here you can see the inside profile....

IMG_0723

And here is the outside profile...click on these photos to see them larger in Flickr...

IMG_0722

Here is this week's sketch....


Arielle, Kasia and Michelle, all have adorable cards made up for today over at the Retro Sketches blog.  I hope you get a chance to play along too.  Make one up and then go link up your own creation!  

Thanks for stopping in today! 




Supply List: 

13 comments:

  1. Great card! Love the bold CAS! Love the new products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE this, Laurie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, love how you didn't use a lot of supplies clean and simple!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure graphic gorgeousness Laurie!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, cool, trendy, graphic technique! Love this, girlie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome. I love it!!! The SSS cardstock is on my list to try. Glad to read you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great card! I love the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just LOVE your interpretation of the sketch. And, what a great way to use up those leftover number stickers!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS