12/14/13

God is our refuge...

One thing I love about this hobby is that we make things to hopefully make a bright spot in someones day.  In a world where things are going wrong all around us, where bad things happen, where people are mean, where people get sick...I know that a card with a positive message, can brighten a day.

The sentiment on this card is one of my new favorites.  God is our refuge and strength through these scary times.  My heart is going out today, to all the kids in that Colorado school today.  I am saddened for them and I can't quit thinking about it.  I can't imagine if it were my kids.  I pray over my kids every day and I am so lucky to know that we do have God taking care of us, no matter the situation.

IMG_0746

I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and then heat embossed with white powder on gray card stock. Then I added in some colorful strips of paper and a bow.  The little enamel dots were an afterthought and I covered them, and the center of the bow with glitter.  Now that I sit here looking at it, not sure if I love those enamel dots...but we are going to go with it today.  lol

I said it already, but I do love this sentiment (link below).  It is one in a new set from Simon Says, called Blessed.  And in such a gorgeous font....

IMG_0748


Here is this weeks sketch.  It was based off one of my older cards you can see HERE.


Come play along this week!  Stop over to the Retro Sketches blog and link up your own creation.  I know the other DT girls have adorable cards made up this week so go check those out too!  

Thanks for stopping in!




Supply List: 

5 comments:

  1. Laurie, you are right. This is such a heart felt sentiment and absolutely gorgeous. Hugs to you my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, beautiful sentiment! Our world is such a different place for our children. It frightens me to think of what our grandchildren might have to face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Laurie! I love the soft colors and lovely sentiment with your pretty bow!

    You are so right ~ the world is a scary place these days, and I'm so glad to have God in my life and this wonderful hobby to brighten someone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors on this card and the addition of the white bow! Also love the pop of texture with the green dots! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS