2/02/14

Heart Shaker Card...

So I was checking out the Simon Says blog the other day and came across this now very famous video by Laura Bassen.  It's amazing.  As always.  Her shaker card was awesome.  So I had to make one too....

IMG_1212

  Here is a quick run down of the how I made the card...

1.  I cut 2 pieces of card stock 5 1/4"x3 1/2" and used my Corner Chomper to cut 1/4" rounded corners.  

2.  Using the Simon Says die called Heart in a box, I centered the die on one piece of card stock and then washi'd it down so it would stay, to make the top layer.

3.  Then I glued a piece of acetate using Tombow Mono Liquid Glue to the back of the die cut piece to make the window.  

4. Next, I lined the edges of the 2nd piece of card stock with thin cuts of foam tape.  

5. I used the Mini Hearts die to make a BUNCH of hearts.  It cuts 9 different size hearts out, so I ran it though 3 times on 2 different pink colors of My Favorite things card stock.  

6. Then I used the Simon Says Diagonal Striped stencil to make some pink strips by taking a sponge dauber and applying color.  I used Amuse Bubblegum and Sugar Fresh Ink.  

7.  Last,  I ran the heart die over the striped piece of card stock another 3 times.  I added in some sequins from Neat and Tangled to give it a little shimmer! 

8.  I ATG'd the shaker box to the front of the pink card base to finish the card.

(All supplies linked below)
IMG_1217

Sadly, when I completed this card, there was no one to dance with....as Laura did in her video.  But I can see how fun these are and why they can bring so much happiness!  :)

I'm thinking the is the perfect valentine for my daughter!  I can't wait to give it to her.  Thanks so much for coming by today!

~Laurie

PS... Go check out all of Simon Says Stamp's Valentines Release by clicking HERE
 Lots of fun stuff!  :)

PSS....Go Broncos!


Supply List:  

15 comments:

  1. Oooh! LOVE your Valentine shaker card. So perfect for your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love the die. I also checked out Simon Says and there's a lot of great products! And I also have to say.... GO BRONCOS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely you did a little happy dance yourself though? I certainly would if I'd made this sweet card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be happy to dance for you Laurie!! I'l bet you did a little jig when this beauty was done. LOVE this to bit, TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! WTG! I'm doing a happy dance for you--this turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even think about a shaker card when I got the die. Genius! And so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This shaker card is ADORABLE, Laurie!! I just made my first shaker card too----so much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I love this. I love hearts and its just gorgeous and fun. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I love this. I love hearts and its just gorgeous and fun. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Laurie. I just came across your blog and I had to start following. Your cards are stunning. New fan right here. 😊

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS