9/14/16

Trimming the Tree....

Christmas is my favorite holiday!  Pulling out the tree and all the ornaments, always takes me back to being a kid.  I remember all of the traditions that we had back then and it has been so much fun to create new ones with my kids.  Today's group post, for the September Papertrey Ink Release, is all about trimming the tree.  There are some beautiful new sets all about the ornaments.

First up, a card using the new set called Vintage Ornaments II.

IMG_3686

I created a tree in the background using Holiday Greens.  Then I grabbed some Pinterest inspired, Vintage Ornament color combos and stamped out these beautiful ornaments.  Last, I stamped the sentiment in black ink.  I also added some Stickles to the centers of the ornaments for a little bling.

IMG_3687

There is a new set in the What the Doodle line, called What the Doodle: Ornament.  

IMG_3689

I took the holly image from the set and created this tag.  I colored in the leaves with Copics and then stamped the sentiment along the bottom in black.  I added in some Pure Poppy Saddle stitch ribbon with some twine and bells. 

IMG_3693

Last is a new die in the Stitched Die collection.  These amazing new dies create several different felted ornaments.

IMG_3700

This ornament is the Sequin ornament.  It was so easy to put together.  I added in some regular stitching in white floss and then attached the sequin with french knots.  

IMG_3699

I ran a piece of twine through the center of the ornament to create a loop at the top and then used the tails to add in some bells.  I finished the ornament off with a red bow!  

IMG_3698

Head over to Nichole's blog to check out the rest of the Design Team and their ornaments. Thanks so much for stopping in today!  Have a great day!
SaveSaveSaveSave

13 comments:

  1. Really like the way you decorated your ornament!
    Simple but so pretty!
    Also like your tag with all the dottiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie your cards are amazing...LOVE the color combos.
    Your stitched ornament is very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the tree scene you created! And such a sweet tag with the pretty bells! Love how you added the bells to the ornament too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeousness! And so inspiring - I love how you stamped that Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little white tag, tho......my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All lovely today, Laurie! Love the felt ornament. So happy for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laurie,

    Your card is exquisite....but the ornament is.....SCRUMPTILICIOUS!!!

    Caiños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty holiday projects Laurie!! The stitched ornament is wonderful but my fave is that sweet little tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially love your tag, just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful projects ! Your stitched ornament is stitched perfectly and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've done an amazing job on your holiday projects, Laurie! My fave is your stitched sequin ornament...it's so charming!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS